Intimate Partner Violence and Sexual Assault
- Background on Abortion
- Laws Shaping Abortion Access in Illinois
- Providing Options Counseling
- Abortion Referrals
- What to Expect with Medication and Surgical Abortion
- Paying for Abortion
- Care and Considerations in Special Contexts
- Contact Us
Resources for Survivors
Illinois Intimate Partner Violence Resources
Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence Statewide Hotline: 877-863-6338
Statewide resources from the Illinois Department of Human Services
Chicago resources from the City of Chicago Division on Domestic Violence
Illinois Sexual Assault Resources
Rape Victim Advocates seeks to assure that survivors of sexual assault are treated with dignity and compassion; and to affect changes in the way the legal system, medical institutions and society as a whole respond to survovrs. They provide medical advocacy, counselling and training. Office number: 312-443-9603.
- The Illinois Sexual Assault Voucher is provided at hospitals for persons seeking treatment after a sexual assault, including abortion. Individual seeking financial assistance for pregnancy resulting from a sexual assault should contact the Chicago Rape Crisis Hotline and ask to speak with a medical advocate.
- Rape Crisis Hotlines: Call 888-293-2080 in Chicago Metropolitan Area; 630-971-3927 in DuPage County; and 708-748-5672 in the South Suburbs
- Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault (ICASA) has 29 sexual assault crisis centers and 27 satellite offices throughout the state. Each center and satellite responds to victims of sexual assault.
- Illinois Attorney General Crime Victim Compensation Program provides innocent victims and their families with financial assistance for expenses accrued as a result of a violent crime when they cooperate with law enforcement.
Addressing Intimate Partner Violence Reproductive and Sexual Coercion: A Guide for Obstetric, Gynecologic, Reproductive Health Care Settings from Futures Without Violence and ACOG